RACE DAY INFORMATION
Race Day Schedule
Course is USATF certified # NJ09001DB
All 5K runners will be given bibs with embedded timing chips.
7:00 am Registration begins (registration tent)
7:45 am Aerobic Warm-Up
8:00 am Women’s and Men’s 5K Run (3.1 miles)
8:45 am Survivors gather at Survivor Tent Courtyard
8:45 am Runner Awards
9:15 am Survivor Photo in front of Stage
9:20 am Survivor Program and Survivor Awards at Stage
10:00 am Co-Ed 4K Health (2.5 miles) Walk and 1 Mile Walk (same start and finish line - 1 mile walkers will have the opportunity to turn off the course early)
11:00 am Children’s Fun Runs (Age 10 & under)
Water stations and mile clocks are provided.
RACE DAY BIB AND T-SHIRT PICK UP from 7:00 am to 11:00 am
Six Flags Discounts for Race for the Cure Participants
Following the Race, registered participants will receive $20 off a regular Theme Park admission only to Six Flags Great Adventure on Race Day. Cannot be combined with other Discounts. Limit four admissions per coupon. Not valid on any other ticket type or at any other Six Flags parks
Discount not valid on Junior Admission.
$5 of your paid admission goes to Komen Race for the Cure!!
Directions, Parking and Shuttle Buses
- Six Flags Great Adventure is conveniently located off Exit 16 off Interstate 195 in Jackson, NJ, minutes from I-195 and the New Jersey Turnpike in the heart of New Jersey. Click here for directions
- FREE PARKING FOR THOSE ARRIVING BEFORE 9 AM. Parking fee will be charged to participants arriving after 9 AM.
- There is a fee for parking after 9 AM because this is when the theme park opens and the general public will begin coming into the area.
- Continuous free shuttle bus service is available from parking area to the Race site from 6:30 am. (Note, the parking area is also a walkable distance to the Race staging area at Hurricane Harbor.)
- DUE TO SECURITY ISSUES, ONLY ONE SMALL CLOTHING BAG PER PERSON WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE SHUTTLE BUSES GOING TO THE RACE AND ONE ADDITIONAL BAG (‘GOODIE BAG’) RETURNING TO THE PARKING LOT.
- Please arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your event.
- Bag Check - Gym bags can be checked at the Bag Check Tent. Each Race participant (with a Race Bib and number) may check one personal/gym bag and one additional bag with items collected at the event (‘goodie bag’). Not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Safety First - For the safety of all participants, inline skates and pets are discouraged from participating in this event. Thank you for your cooperation. Strollers are allowed in the run only with a "jogging" stroller. All strollers are allowed in the walk.
- This event will occur rain or shine. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; rather, your entry fee will be used as a donation to the Susan G. Komen Central and South Jersey Race for the Cure.
Race Day Activities
A Tribute to Breast Cancer Survivors
All Breast Cancer Survivors are invited to complimentary breakfast and will receive special gifts. We invite all participants to recognize those special people who have been touched by breast cancer.
The Art Expression Tent
Race participants will have the opportunity to join as a community on an art project. The project will reflect feelings about breast cancer. The beautiful completed art piece will be displayed at prominent locations year-round in Central and South Jersey. The piece will help promote breast cancer awareness.
Race participants will also be able to give video testimonials. Honor a survivor, remember a loved one, or just talk about your Race Day experience.
Komen Kid's World
Open 8:30 to 11:00 am
Special children’s activity area featuring face painting, shows, magicians, balloons, art fun and much more!
Children must be accompanied by an adult.